Who knew I would have a rant so soon???
Today was just supposed to be a nice, lazy Monday. I was taking my children's book to Office Max to get it laminated and bound, no big deal...
When I got there, the girl told me that it would be about 25 minutes, so I just hung around the store. She came up to me when it was done and wondered whether I had wanted my book bound on the top or the side. She bound it on the top!!! What kind of book is bound on the top??? Especially since then the backs of the pages were upside down when you flipped it open!!!! And if she wasn't sure, why didn't she ask?
Anyway she said she could fix it with minimal damage, but it would take awhile. So I headed to the mall, a showing of Twilight was starting in ten minutes, so I decided, what the heck? and went to see Twilight. When I got out (feeling very warm and fuzzy inside), I had a voicemail from the girl at OM saying she wasn't sure about the order of my pages and could i call back and make sure she had them in the right order. Sure. So I called back and was on hold for like five minutes. Finally someone told me the person working in that department was busy and they would call me back in a few minutes.
So I headed to Payless since I had to buy some new shoes anyway. While I was there, someone from OM called me back, but not the original girl, she was on lunch break. And this girl knew nothing about my problems and told me I had to come in so they could figure it all out. So I bought two pairs of shoes (when I had only come in for one) because at that point I was very angry and the shoes cheered me up a bit. Not only was the whole thing making me crazy, but it had taken me out of my post-Twilight happy mood.
When I got back to OM, the original girl was there and all of the pages were in order!!!!! Seriously! anyway she quickly bound it and said she wouldn't charge me for the binding. Of course I wasn't going to pay for it, you messed it up!! Plus she gave me 15% off because I said I was a teacher.... Thanks to my Children's Lit. prof for telling us to say that and see if we'd get a discount. But overall it was very annoying!!!!! Now I am finally eating lunch and going to watch old episodes of Grey's Anatomy with Denny to make me feel better :)
Monday, November 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment