Hi all!
I'm back with some words of wisdom from an unlikely source, Michael Scott, The Office's bumbling boss (currently President of The Michael Scott Paper Company, formerly of Dunder-Mifflin Scranton).
"Sometimes it's not about whether Cinderella gets her slipper back but it's about the fact that the prince even picked up the slipper at all." Michael Scott, The Office
Michael (Steve Carrell) said this a while back and I always meant to write about it, but never found the time. I think it is a pretty sweet quote. So often we concentrate on the final product, the long-term results of our actions, but sometimes it is just about taking that first step. Being willing to put yourself out there, take a chace, take a risk and not worry about what may come. I know this has been pertinent in my life a lot lately, being worried about the outcome before I even start. I need to be more willing to just start, to try and see what happens and be proud of myself for taking that step, not worrying about how it ended.
I challenge you to do the same. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there, take a chance and remember that sometimes picking up the shoe is the most important thing! :)
Good Luck on finals!!!
P.S. When I went to copy this quote from my favorite quotes on Facebook, I was totally embarrassed to see that there were two typos in it :( The English major is shamed, but now they are fixed :)
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment