Saturday, September 5, 2009

My New Thing

Hello!

I haven't posted anything in awhile and I think I've figured out why. I need a thing, a thread that connects my entries, some constant connection between posts so that it is easier for me to come up with ideas for posts and update more often. I have lately been reading the blog Cake Wrecks (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/) which you should definitely check out because it is amazing :) at least I think it is... But it has a "thing," messed up cakes and everyday she posts pictures of crazy weird cakes and it works. So I have come up with my thing- quotes. (If you're reading this on facebook, you can find my blog here: http://justafewthoughts-tigersgirlgv.blogspot.com/)

I have a little notebook that I use to keep track of quotes that I come across- in movies, on TV, in books, that I hear, or that I otherwise stumble upon. So I decided to do a quotes blog. Every time I post, hopefully almost every day, I will post a quote from my notbook, quote I found somewhere that I find fun, funny, sentimental, or wise. I will provide you with the context, why I like it, etc. I started the notebook in tenth grade, but didn't write it in it regularly until last year. I will sort of be going in order of how the quotes were recorded, but might jump around a little (for instance baseball related quotes if the Tigers make the playoffs...) I hope you enjoy hearing some of my favorite quotes.

Day 1: "Neither the front nor the back entrance of the Custom House opens on the road to paradise." The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, which I read for Honors American Literature in 10th grade. I'm not really sure why this became the first quote I kept track of. I just thought it sounded cool, and sad that neither way you went lead to paradise. Anyway, a kind of weird quote to start with, but here it is.

No comments: